Alexa Chung has the best bags. [weheartit.com]
I won't be blogging for a while because exams are piling up, and I have a lot of studying to do. I am, however, consistently updating my tumblr. It's a lot easier, and sometimes I add little anecdotes. If you want to see what I'm seeing during study breaks..
Without distractions, you’ll be able to focus. You’ll find peace. You’ll find time for doing what you love.
- Cut back your social networking to network (or two at the most) – including Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, forums, etc. These are hugely distracting. [whooops]
- Cut back on your social networking “friends”. Stick to your actual friends and colleagues. Networking with thousands of people you don’t know is superficial and distracting.
- Limit time on social networking, email to specified periods. Set the times you allow yourself to do these activities – from 1-2 p.m., for example.
- Do less email. Start by sending less. Check email less often. Use the phone or face-to-face conversations when possible.
- Shut down the internet to work. Disconnect, and work without distractions.
- Separate consuming from creating. Reading and networking and emailing are different from actually creating. Do them at separate times.
- Set a limited reading time. If you read a lot on the web, or RSS feeds, set limits and do it at specified times.
- Shut off notifications. Email, Blackberry, IM, whatever. Shut em down.
- Clear away icons on your desktop. File them all in one folder, and use an app launcher such as LaunchBar or Launchy.
- Clear your actual desk.
- Use music to block out your surroundings.
- Get away from the computer, spend time with actual people.
- Shut off the smartphone. Seriously.
- Single-task and focus.
- Focus on the most important tasks first, before you get distracted.
- Set limits on your work hours. If your time is limited, you’ll find ways to make the most of that limited time
And some Mary-Kate Olsen love. This has been the first outfit of MKA that I've liked in a long time. I would expect to see this on Ashley, since it's more put together than Mk usual scruffy-ness. Does anyone know the make of this dress?
imagesource: stockholmstreetstyle, olsensanonymous
Today I'm going to talk about something that has bothered me for a while: 'thinspo'. If you don't know what it is, just google it and you will get various hits regarding the subject. The reason I'm bringing it up now is because I landed on a tumblr page completely devoted to it. I was really hoping to never see a blog related to being [super] underweight ever again! Such sites makes me feel so uncomfortable. Why you say?
First off, I'm virtually watching someone starve themselves, and I do not have the ability to help them. Last summer I landed on a livejournal that documented a 17 year old's quest to be 90 lbs, from 120 lbs. (Let me tell you, she looked stunning at her normal weight). She would eat an apple and two slices of bread a day, for a week.. As if that didn't already put me in panic mode, she would mention her puking/purging habits, hospital visits for malnourishment, her family doctor freaking out, her parents and friend's getting worried, how she hid her binges, etc.. like it was nothing. And there I was reading it! That's fucking crazy! The internet is crazy! Actually, scratch that. Some people just don't know how to control what should be private vs. public. I had started my evening off trying to find fun photos for my blog, and I got linked to an anorexic/bulimic teen's webspace, because she used Gemma Ward (and various other models) as her thinspo.
Secondly, the photos are unusually disturbing. The fashion ones are nicely done, but those only constitute 50% of the thinspo I've come across (which is a lot now, because I did more research for this blog post). The rest are regular girls that are incredibly underweight. Now I start worrying about whether or not these girls are still alive; some of them couldn't be older than 14.
Thirdly, I'm naturally skinny. I've been underweight my whole life, and the last thing I want are girls starving themselves to be my weight. That's unhealthy. I don't think girls should become anorexic/bulimic in order to look like other girls. It's not worth it. There's a big difference between an anorexic who weights 90 lbs, and someone who naturally weighs 90 lbs - the latter eats more and gets all of his/her nutrients in order to stay healthy, the former does not. (I read about a girl that ate 4 crackers, and drank 2 coffees a day to stay my weight. Whatta heck!? I'd die!)
Anywho, I just had to rant about that. I may delete this post in two weeks, like I do my other rants. Just giving you a heads up as usual. Here are some I came acrosse: [a] [b] [c] [d] <-- The last one is extreme thinspo, so if the first three freaked you out don't click d.
Tell me what you guys think.
PERSONAL HEALTH SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN LIGHTLY!
* On another note, my friend H told me to take the Jung- Meyers- Briggs personality test to see my type. I'm ENTJ, which is a marshall - apparently I'd be good at managing companies/firms, and I should study economics or law. Now I may decide to sit the LSAT this summer or next, just for kicks. Nahhhh... probably not.
I have a product rave for this week. I am totally in love with LUSH ocean salt scrub. It's suppose to be a face and body exfoliator, so the granules are tougher than those in normal facial scrubs. And since it contains vodka, I can feel it sting my blemishes; they've started to dry out once I paired the scrub with my facial cleanser. [This is a big deal for me, because I've gone through a month of bad breakouts.. I'm talking worse than my pre-teen years. Not fun.] Anywho, I've also used LUSH's scrub in the shower, but I feel bad wasting it. I've already got exfoliating gloves, and the BLISS scrub with glycolic acid. To be quite frank, BLISS' scrub does nothing for my skin. I'm going back to Dove body wash when I finish up this bottle. I hope BLISS works better with you ladies, and gents.
Hello my lovely followers!
I just wanted to inform you that I have created a tumblr account, after 6 months of intense inner-debate. [Party in my brain, and you're all invited!] There's actually a reason I avoided doing so, and it's because I might spend more time there than here. However, I've come to the realization that blogspot is a better place for me to gauge reader's reactions, and to post large high-res photos on one theme, in one post. Anywho, if you would like to follow me just click the link below, or on the sidebar ->>. Also, I'm open to any tips or good websites on how to further manipulate the tumblr account. I hope you're all having a wonderful week, and here is a thank you quote from me to you. À plus mes amis!